For centuries, people have told stories of sunken cities at the bottom of the sea, of pirates and sailors, of killer whales and…
The performance collective Swoosh Lieu invites the audience to dive into a journey through time in which present, past and future blur together. Beneath the surface of the sea, pedestals are overturned, objects tumble out of archives, and narratives are flushed out. Swoosh Lieu build a Mu/Sea/Um in which the biographies of queer pirates are played out, entangled algae fosters a proliferation of new utopias of kinship and cohabitation, and a talking octopus explains alternative marine biologies. The sirens’ call leads audiences under, behind and through the surface of the sea, and a heap of rusty technology performs a
… until finally everything starts all over again.
- Johanna CastellConcept and lightdesign
- Katharina PelosiConcept, text and sound
- Rosa WerneckeConcept, text and video
- Magdalena Emmerig, Àngela RiberaSpace
- Anahí PérezTechnical director
- Annett HardegenProduction manager
- Hannah FitschProfessional advice
- Friederike ThielmannOutside eye
- Felix GieslerAssitant
- Birte Schnöink, Dela Dabulamanzi, Elena Schmidt, Kate StrongVoices
- Manuela SchininàCollaboration sound
- @nnast_antn Assistance space
- Katja FeldmeierPhotos
- Lara Rodríguez CruzVideodocumentation
*RESET* is an event by Swoosh Lieu, in co-production with Radialsystem Berlin and Künstler*innenhaus Mousonturm Frankfurt. Realised with funds from the Hauptstadtkulturfonds.
Swoosh Lieu are supported by the Cultural Office of the City of Frankfurt am Main.